Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I knew Kristy when i was a girl. I just wanted to share a few stories with you. Some memories I prize to have had with her. I remember going to Enchanted Village with Kristy and going on the squirrel cages. It always looked like so much fun going around and around upside down and all. But I never had the strength to do it! Until i went with Kristy. She not only could get the squirrel cages to go around but she could also hit the breaks and make us hang up-side down, and stay there!! Only when the ride had ended and the ride attendant came by would he release the break and we would be right-side up again. She never cared about boys when we would walk over to Wild Waves....(us two with our t-shirts over our swimsuits)....unlike my other friends. She was there with ME. WE were there together and had the time of our lives playing and getting sun burned. I have always been so awkward in my own body and voice.. I remember being at her home and her mom on the piano and Kristy coachin g me to sing! I sing like a goat so to have her trying so hard and for so long i finally gave in and sang the highest note i could. Her mother and her stopped and looked at me. I could sing higher the the highest note on the piano she had said. But they ended with that so i can only take it as it really just wasn't very good. Kristy was the first person to put make-up on me. I went to her house after church and went up to her room. She had eye shadow! wow! I wanted some. So she chose from all of her many 'nuetral' shadows a glamorous yellow for my lids. I walked around the rest of the afternoon feeling so cool. I also can remember eating her mothers mint plants on the side of their home. Seems silly but i haven't spoken to or heard her in over 3-4 years but i can still hear her laugh and her snort. She was one who had a contagious laughter. Still makes me smile. She is one of those friends that made certain summers the best because they were there. She is a friend that even though she was gone to Utah everytime I took my kids to play at the park by her folks house. I thought of the times i had been there playing as a child. I drive by the light going to her parents and my thoughts would often wander to her. What she was up to. I miss her. I loved her. I wish we all could have her back. I pray that her boys will know her. Like I once did. She may have turned 30 but she looks just like she does in my childhood memories. Thank you Kristi.marcia

No comments: