Monday, January 14, 2008

Amazing

I had the profound pleasure to babysit Kristy, Andy and Barry on occasion when they were younger. I remember this chubby cheeked girl with an amazing determination to do the work of Heavenly Father. Young people or old, Kristy was the first to befriend someone - anyone. She was fearless, bold and exuded charm. If Kristy did not amaze you, you did not know Kristy. Her laugh was contagious and her spirit was bold, unlike the quiet of the boys. But, much like the rest of the family, Kristy had a peaceful and guided spirit. She was younger than myself, but she always made me want to do better. I felt like Kristy was as close to Heavenly Father as you could get on earth.

I have to say that reading of her leaving this earth in such a way made me question my faith a little. How could Heavenly Father take such a gorgeous soul from her family and friends. And then I remembered....it was free will. The free will in all of us will bring us closer to God or have us aimlessly wander the unknown paths. For Kristy, there is no question that she is at the right hand of God. For her husband, I pray for peace of spirit. He must have had something pretty wonderful about him for Kristy to have chosen him as her husband and the father of her children. For Ann and Al, I pray for you and your sons that you know that Kristy touched so many lives throughout her time on earth. I haven't seen her in over 10 years and this has rocked me to my soul. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and we are to have faith that all is as it should be. For my parents and myself, we will remember Kristy with love and adoration and smile knowing that she was a little heaven on earth.

Much Blessings,
Maria Sjoden (Chavez)
Tony and Betty Chavez

P.S. When I remember her, I will always see this frilly girl, chubby cheeked smiles twirling around in a dress as her mother played the piano in the Relief Society room. Oblivious to the world around her....just enjoying the moment.

No comments: