Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What an outstanding voice, and what a great friend

My friend Jeff served his mission in Tacoma. He served in the Bellevue area and got to know the Palizzi family. The Christmas after we returned home, Darren, Jeff, Phil, and I went up to WA to sing at a fireside with Kristi (and I think it was Becky, but I can't remember too well; back in 1997 and all). She picked up Darren and me at the Sea/Tac airport. She drove down the freeway at, well I don't want to incriminate her memory, but it was pretty fast, and in the Washington rain. I was sure we were going to wreck. Right then I knew that Kristi was one of those people who was going to make her mark! When I first heard her sing, WOW what a voice and she could do it all! Jazz, contemporary, choral, any style she wanted.

And during the short time I knew her, I knew she had a heart to match her voice. She was always looking to cheer you up when you were down. She could always make you feel included in a group no matter how awkward you felt.

Was that church we sang at on Hilltop? It has the cultrual hall open up from the chapel on the side...she and Becky (I think) sang several duets at that fireside. They were wonderful. They brought the Spirit so strong. There were very few dry eyes that night. I hope that we can sing in the spirit world, because I think that she would want that.

To the Palizzis, we offer our gratitude for having raised such a wonderful person, and to everyone touched by Kristy and her life, our prayers are that the peace of Christ and the knowledge of His eternal plan may give hope and strength to us as we continue our paths without her direct presence here, knowing that again we will reunite with her before the journey's end.

Thanks Kristy for giving me what I needed right when I needed it!

Kent Hyer

P.S. I hope that Jeff, Darren, and Phil get to sign this, but if they don't, I know that they would offer the same!!

No comments: