Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Humbling letter I received through email:

I worked for Kristy and her family for almost 2 years, I used to clean her house, she was one of the first people that gave a job in her house to me and her family. I remember the first day that I left a flyer on her front door. And hour later she called me and since I didn't speak english very well so we didn't understand each other really good, she told me to just go to her house and so I went that when I met her.
Since that first day I began to work with her and she help me so so much. She recommended me to the whole neighborhood, she would call her friends and would say oh you have to meet her, because she want to help me and she always tell them nice things about me and she knew that I had just gone trough divorce, she help e so so much. thanks to her, I remember when she told me " ana I will never leave you, ever you will be working with me forever," no matter how you clean my house hahaha and also I remember that day 28th of january that was friday she took out a bunch of clothes from her closet and she wanted me to have that clothes it was a denim skirt that she gave me and she told me it was her favorite, and i was so happy and I promise to her wear in new year evening, so the next friday on the 4th of january before I left she embraced me in a hug so strong and said " Ana I love you thanks for every thing" and I'll see you friday, but that friday it wont be the same for me, I'm gonna miss you so much that my fridays wont ever be the same because you good to me you never treated me like your housekeeper, you always made me feel like your friend and it made me really sad to not have more time to talk with you.
I love you kristy, you and your beautiful little boys. you know how much I love them. I have so many things I could tell that it would never end. I'll never never forget you. I know we will see each other again. I'm gonna miss you so much. God bless your family. Good bye Brandon and Carter I don't know when I will see you again and Brandon I will miss your animal sounds you always made it for me. when you play with your daddy's belt and you said Ana I am a snake are you scared?? and yes you liked to make me scared.

I love you forever

Ana Garcia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ana Garcia's comment is so typical of people who knew Kristy. She was a Saint. Those of us who have known her since she was a little girl can tell you that this is just like her. She was feisty as a child, but has always had a deep love for people, and was deeply spiritual. She sang like an angel, and conveyed the Spirit through her wonderful voice and the pieces she selected to sing. Words can't express her goodness or how far and wide her influence has been felt. She is a reflection of her very kind and loving family. The Palizzi family has left a wide wake of love and service in the Pacific Northwest (and in the mission areas where their children-- including Kristy, served.)

When I look at my life, I am richer for having known her, and her influence for good will continue to ripple through my life and the lives of our adult children. There must be a reason that so often the very good die young. Kristy's leaves a legacy inspired by her acts of love and kindness such as those mentioned by Ana Garcia. May we pick up the torch and show love to our neighbors as Kristy did to hers.

Anonymous said...

Ana,

That was one of the most beautiful tributes to Kristy. I'm so glad you were friends with her. And I'm glad she gave you her favorite skirt! I bet you'll cherish it forever. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Brandon is so funny with his growling! He was being a tiger to me the other day.

Anonymous said...

just touching.