Thursday, January 10, 2008

road trip

Kristy, since I am sure you already have your own choir of angels put together to sing sweetly to the hearts of all who are left here to finish this part of our journey without you, I have a request. Could you meet me when I get there? Could your choir sing Amazing Grace to the tune of House of the Rising Sun? We should have played more... we should have sung together. What a bummer. But no more should haves for me. When one light goes out, others appear, and among the very many that have sprung up because of your light, I am not going to let any more days pass by when I don't reach out to the people around me. What friends I have made, and friendships rekindled BECAUSE of your passing. The thousands of lights that have sprung up will never match your shine, but you have left behind you such a warm glow of love and new beginnings. I will take care of Erin for you, not as well as you did, surely, but I will be here for her so she can be there for your boys. I see you in her, and I know as they grow older they will too. Meet us in Forks!
Love Alissa
p.s. don't forget to wear your red lipstick so we know it's you!

No comments: