Friday, January 11, 2008

After several emotional days like everyone else who knew Kristy, I just felt I needed to share some memories of her with you. I too met Kristy in the "other" ward. When they first split the ward I didn't know her but loved to listen to her testimony in Sacrament Meeting, her comments in Relief Society and listen to her sing. I was just amazed at her strength and honesty and her dedication to the Lord. I too never saw her without a smile on her face. She was always positive, upbeat and had a sincere compliment ready to help brighten someone's day. Then one Sunday, Brandon and my little girl, who are just a few weeks apart in age, decided they were hungry at the same time. We officially met in the mother's lounge at church that Sunday. She acted like she had known me forever. We talked and laughed and got to know each other through those visits as our babies nursed or were rocked to sleep. This happened most Sundays over a few months and I thoroughly enjoyed talking and laughing with her. She would joke around about how much fun it would have been if Brandon and my little girl ended up dating when they got older and what fun we would have. Even after she moved, whenever I would run into her around town it felt as if no time had passed since I had last seen her and she would ask about things we had talked about the last time we had seen each other. She truly cared about people and had such a Christ-like attitude about her. She was a wonderful friend even to those she may not have been as close to as she was to others. I find myself thinking how lucky I am that our babies got hungry at the same time on that first Sunday I officially met her so that I could get to know her better. Having been in a similar marriage circumstance over a decade ago, her death has hit me hard and my heart aches beyond words for her two precious b oys and her family. Brandon and Carter are going to miss out on knowing a wonderful woman who was also a wonderful mother. May the Lord be with you in your time of great loss. May we all also find comfort in knowing that we will get to see Kristy's smile and hear her gorgeous voice again and that she is watching out for her precious boys.
We will miss you, Kristy!
Lisa

No comments: