Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Letter to Dear Kristy

I used to live right across the street from Kristy when she lived in the Jordan Meadows ward. There has not been one moment each day that I haven't reflected & pondered about Kristy & her boys since last Sunday. I too like Kim, have started & restarted writing this post. Some how words alone cannot justify the feelings that I have in my heart & soul at this time. I think that the easiest way for me to express myself is by writing a letter to her. Before I do that however, I want Kristy's family & boys to know that they are in our hearts & prayers & we hope that you know how much we all loved Kristy.

Kristy,
When I first found out the horrible thing that happened to you I dropped to my knees & said "No, not Kristy!" Then the tears began to pour. I thought to myself, how could something like this happen to such a giving & truly Christlike person? I think that it will take me a while to feel peace about the whole thing however I do know that we will see each other again someday. What a joyous time that will be for so many of us that loved you so much.
Kristy I want to thank you from the depths of my heart for reaching out to me & befriending me when I moved to Lehi. You were the first person that really tried to get to know me & invite me to do things so I felt I had a friend. It always amazed me that no matter what the situation was, you were always so aware of other people's needs. You wanted to know everything you could about me & everyone else so that you could help us out. I too wish I would have told you more often how much your friendship meant to me. I hope that you know however that you were a breath of fresh air in my life & I loved you for that.
Kristy, I loved listening to you sing in church. I always wished that you would just be a regular in the sacrament program. Your voice was so beautiful just like you were.
Thank-you for all of the thoughtful things you did for me. Last night I started writing in my journal all of the kind things you did for me, four pages later, and once the clock read 12:30am, I finally had to stop. I know that by the time I finish writing everything down I probably will have written a novel :0). Thank you Kristy, for taking my mom to the airport for me after I had my first baby. Thank-you for bringing over movies for me to watch to pass the time away when I went a week over due with my little girl. I can still picture your face when you said, "You have to promise me you & your mom will watch Pride & Prejudice even though it is really long. It is my favorite! Darcy makes me melt!" Thank-you for stopping by to see me before I moved. That meant so much to me. I am sorry we didn't get to go out to lunch one last time before I moved. Every time I eat chips & fresh salsa I will think of you. Thank you for being so concerned with the trials I had in my life. How I wish that I would have know that you were going through so many trials of your own. That just makes me sad. I honestly cannot picture even one time that I was around you that you didn't have a smile on your face. I too won't forget your distinctive & contagious laugh.
Thank-you for trusting me enough to watch Brandon for you. I loved that little boy. I can still picture him right before you moved walking around my house with a green binky hanging out of his mouth. He went everywhere with that binky. Brandon has grown up so much over the last two years & I see your intensity in his eyes. Carter is such a handsome little boy as well & I know that they always felt so loved by you. You were such an amazing mom that wanted to give the world to your boys if you could.
Kristy I am so sad that you are not going to be here to raise your little boys. How they must miss their mommy. It just doesn't seem right. I know that you cherish those boys so much. Who couldn't love them with all of their heart? We all see you in them so much Kristy. I know that you are in heaven watching over them right now & I hope that they will be able to feel your love for them as they grow & experience life.
Oh Kristy, all I want to do is give you a big hug right now & tell you that I love you & thank-you for touching my life so much. Thank you for loving me for me & for setting such a good example for me in so many ways. I will miss you dear friend & I hope you know you will always have a special & sacred place in my heart.
Thank-you Kristy's parents, for bringing such a beautiful angel to this earth, who touched the lives of so many.
Until we meet again Kristy.
With love,
Shauna Williams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your memories. She was a very kind person.