Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another day past

I realized today that I may have a saved message from Kristy... I picked up my cell phone... I checked my voice mail... quickly sifted through three other saved voicemails hoping the last one was her. It was! Her voice, sultry, comforting, came through asking me stuff about something we had talked about earlier. It was so great to hear her voice and a welcomed surprise. Listened to it a few times.. resaved it. That girl was something.

Something I also remembered today.. how I would sit in Relief Society facing all our beautiful women. I was in the presidency, so I was always facing everyone. Kristy would sit in the front row right in front of me and throughout the meeting she would mouth things to me. She would do this ALL THE TIME. It was hilarious. You'd think after the third time she mouthed something to me and I didn't understand she would stop. But no, she was the "secret society" kind of person. She wanted to get her message across to me. So funny. So this would go on and on. "Do you want to come over for dinner TO- NIGHT?", or "WHAT ARE YOU AND MELANIE LAUGHING A-BOUT?" or "DO I HAVE SOMETHING ON MY FACE?" or the classic, "YOU LOOK SUPER SEXY TODAY WITH YOUR HAIR LIKE THAT!" I mean, you can imagine trying to discern/read lips when someone says something like that when the room is dead quiet.

Anyway, just wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about a memorial service for Kristy in Washington. I have received numerous emails and it would be helpful if any of the family knows this info yet.

Love to all,
Sarah

No comments: