Wednesday, January 9, 2008

As I spend my third sleepless night in contemplation and prayer, my heart is filled with gratitude that Kristy and I were chosen to cross paths in this life! I thought that maybe since I'm typing at four o'clock in the morning the tears would not come, but how can they not?

On Sunday, as the news traveled through the Jordan Meadows Ward neighborhood, I recall one of my first thoughts was a quick prayer that her new ward family had been taking care of her. I felt such anguish knowing that I was ignorant to her current turmoil and pain and that I was no longer an active presence in her life. I needn't have been concerned. How fantastic you all are and I praise all you have done and the strength you gave her in her time of need.

Over the past three days, a quote from President Kimball has often come to my mind: "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Kristy singlehandedly knew and accomplished more in her short 30 years here than most of us are still trying to learn and achieve over the entire course of our lives.

I've often reflected on a memory dear to my heart. On one Sunday approximately four years ago, I was sitting in front of my fellow sisters as a member of the Relief Society Presidency. For some reason that has long escaped me, I sat facing them unable to control my tears. I remember thinking, here I am, falling apart, and not one person is noticing. Until Kristy. A note made its way to my hands, lending support and encouragement with a gentle reminder that I was not alone and that I mattered.

How I have praised the heavens that someone as her influenced my life for the better! What a privilege and honor it has been to touched by her soul in this life.

Kristy, thank you for making such a difference in my life and the lives of others! I continue to pray I have the commitment to carry on what you taught me during the brief time our paths crossed by touching others lives for good without recognition or recompense.

With Love,
Vickie Brown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!