Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My best friend

So I got back from Utah last night, after having gone to the viewing and sung at the funeral; and I have a few feelings about this past weekend.

The first is that I didn't realize just how much I loved Kristy. I knew she was like my sister, and I knew that we had the best time together, but I didn't know the depth of love I had. It was overwhelming at times. She really meant more to me than I think she ever knew. (I think she knows now, though)

Another thing that stood out to me this weekend is that everyone loved Kristy that way .... and that's the way Kristy lived .... truly loving everyone and truly caring for those she came in contact with.

I have grieved a great loss, and will continue to miss her until I see her again, however, I know she is happy. I feel in my heart that she is okay.

At times this past week, I have felt like Kristy was watching over me. A few times when I was losing my patience with one of my kids, I felt like Kristy was watching me and it made me want to be better.

That is what this has meant to me. The whole purpose of life and reason we're here is more apparent now. It took this to make me realize that some things just aren't important. Something I think Kristy knew all along.

I hope we can all use this to realize what's important to each of us, and know that service and love are where it's at. Kristy had already figured that out ....

Thank you Kristy for always believing in me.

Love, Honor

3 comments:

carrie said...

Honor....Your musical number at Kristy's funeral was absolutely amazing. You could feel the spirit so strongly.... I know Kristy was so proud of you doing that for her. It was a beautiful song, and I admired you being able to do that. I can't sing at all....so I admire your talent so much. It was beautiful. Thank you so much.

Kristy's Family and Friends: said...

Honor, Your thoughts are so nice to read. I wish I could have heard you sing..
Love,
Sarah

Kristen said...

Honor,
I was so touched by the musical number you sang at the funeral. I have had to sing at funerals before and it is always so hard, but you and Shauna did so well. Thanks for sharing your talents and testimony! I am sure that Kristy LOVED it!
Can I ask who wrote "He'll Carry You."?
Thanks again!