Sunday, January 13, 2008

Babysitter...

Kristy was my first babysitter when I first moved to Puyallup. She was only four years older than me and as we got older she became like a sister. My mom reminded me that she saved up her money and bought us Christmas presents one year. I don't think there was a more thoughtful person at that age. She had a beautiful voice, and she was beautiful inside and out. She was so sassy, but I ate it up. She came over to our house to chat about boys and just hang out. She was so nice to our little family and her family never made us uncomfortable, despite the fact that my mom was a single mom, a rarity inside the church. She was nice to everyone and everyone loved her. She was sometimes brutally honest, but I admired it. I hope, no, I know, that everyone benefited from knowing her. I hope that as we continue our lives here on earth that each of us takes the time to make someone else's day a little better because that is what Kristy always did- whether she was trying or not.

Nicolle Brady

No comments: