Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Kristy the Kooky Kat

What a gem of a kooky kat was our Kristy. We did the whole BFA thing together, and all I remeber is laughing....a lot. I know we did some learning, but it was usually secondary to or coupled with the laughing.

We had a get together at the Palizzi house one night with all the kids from BFA, and she got me laughing so hard during dinner that I actually inhaled my orange soda. Of course, I never would have inhaled the soda had it not been for a well timed snort during her own laughter. I ran into the kitchen because there was now orange soda coming out my nose (I guess that's the best exit route from your lungs). So, I'm in there wheezing for all I'm worth trying to clear my lungs of soda, and Ian Paget comes in, stares at me like I'm an alien, goes into the other room and quietly asks, "Does anyone know the heimlich maneuver?" Right then the missionaries showed up at the door and Kristy tried to get them to do the heimlich. They politely declined while I was wheezing and gesturing wildly not to have anyone heimlich me. Right about the time my lungs were almost clear enough to be able to talk again, Kristy convinced one of the other kids to heimlich me, which didn't do wonders for my newly recovered breathing skill. Oooohhhh the laughter that ensued.

There are so many memories of laughing (and snorting). She was just a kick to be around. Besides that, she's the only one I knew who could keep all the DJW names straight. The world lost a fun friendy and a fantastic person.

I mourn for her family, especially her children, but I appreciate this opportunity to celebrate her life. Palizzi family, we love you and are praying for you. Lael (Leavitt) Bythrow

No comments: