Friday, January 11, 2008

More Memories of Kristy

I too lived in Kristy’s old ward in Lehi. I have so many fond memories of her and her fun, bubbly personality. It has taken me all week to write this, and I really want her family to share some of the memories that I have of her. Please share them with Brandon and Carter as they get older so they too can know of the wonderful women we all love.

My husband and I got to know Kristy well through her love of music. Every time she would sing for our ward we would get a call from Kristy requesting Torrey to play for her. When I would get her call I would be so excited to have her come into our home and give me my own personal concert. I too like to sing but her voice was that of an Angel and I would feel somewhat intimidated by the beauty that hers let forth. We often made comments saying that Torrey would make a cd one day and she would sing on it. She would always laugh and then give a serious “Okay!” My favorite song that she sang was for a Mothers day, she sang the song… “A Woman's Heart”. I remember feeling the spirit so strong. It is a beautiful song that has always reminded me of her, and the love she had for being a mother.

It always impressed me that Kristy loved the youth so much. She was always found bearing her testimony to them. She would always tell them how much she looked up to them and how she knew that it was so hard for them to be obedient, but she was glad that they were strong in this world. When I was serving in the Young Womens in my ward, Kristy would come up to me and tell me that she would do a great job serving in the Young Women’s too and that if there were any positions open, she would take them! She always made me laugh…I know she would have been great!!!

We worked together for the Joseph Smith project with the youth in our ward together and she was so excited to do that! When the night came for our talent night, Kristy had tables set up and helped the youth with setting up their things. Kristy of course had music playing. The program went well and as we were talking after I realized that the music she had playing was Gladys Knights “One Voice” cd. I laughed and teased her for her choice. She was so excited about being able to play a Gladys Knight cd in the church!! I remember her laughing….it was always so contagious!

When I had my third baby she treated me so well. She sent me for a pedicure, and gave a bunch a cute girl outfits to me. She was so excited that I was having a girl. She even came over right after I had her to give be a big tub of Bath and Body works “Tutti “ lotion for the baby and I, and another outfit. She treated me so well.

When Kristy was getting ready to move and was trying to sell her house, she tried to reason with me why I should buy her house. She even made Torrey and I come over and let our boys play in the backyard with Brandon while we took a “tour” of her house (even though we already lived in the neighborhood!) She was hilarious!!!!

I have many, many more great memories of Kristy and the service that she gave to me. I love her and will miss her fun bubbly personality. Kristy was the kind of person who wasn’t afraid to share life experiences with others. She wasn’t afraid to show the love that she had for someone. She wasn’t afraid to serve others or care what they thought when she did. She was a great friend to all she met. She knew who she was and what she wanted. It is such a blessing to know that our friendships and relationships go beyond this life. I love her and will look toward the day we can meet again. I hope to live life better because of the example she gave. I am grateful that I was able to know her. Thank you Kristy!
We love you!
Jen and Torrey Harmon

1 comment:

Kristy's Family and Friends: said...

I love this post. Thanks for the memories.