Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kristy is my cousin, Although (because of an almost whole generation gap and living a far distance away) I never really got to have an in depth connection with Kristy, my personal experiences with her will be cherished forever. She was always the hit of the party. She could always get a good conversation going and have the entire room laughing within moments (I never really got what everyone was laughing about). Although I only ever personally talked with her a few times, I remember each and every one of them, and never want to forget them. When ever she passed through Nampa, she always made a special consideration to come and visit even if it was only for a brief moment. Later, when we moved to the Tacoma area we visited the Palizzi household more frequently and when kristy was home, the house was always very eventful. several years later, I remember going to visit my aunt and it was on the day that Kristy was helping her Mother to paint the living room which afterwards was named the "red room". That was probaly the day that I really learned what a great personality that kristy had, she was always willing to help those who were close to her, and was never afraid to let someone in and include them. I really admire how she had the ability to always say what needed to be said (even if it wasn't well recieved) and was never afraid to comfort someone that needed it. I hope that all of those who are having a hard time with this tradgedy will remember the life that she led, will laugh at all of the funny memories, and are able to surpass the sorrow and come to smile when they see or hear something that reminds them of her and, even if in the slightest way, keep her memory alive by living in her example and the Christ-like life she led. Stepping out of our usual comfort zones and notice when someone is feeling hurt and just give them a hug and remind that somebody cares, or just taking someone a small care package when they're sick (even if it's just a nice hot cup of homemade soup). What I can learn from Kristy, is that there is always an opportunity to show compassion, and sometimes the best remedy is just to sit and laugh with someone, and for that I will always be very grateful.

I love you Kristy, and I would like to thank all of those who have offered to help out her family I thank you all with heartfelt grattitude and hope that her testimoy and the testimonies of her family and friends may be strengthened and that everyone may come to more fully understand the gospel. I would like to conclude with "Even when the world seems impossible, the people who love you most haven't abandoned you."
-Timothy Ryan

No comments: