Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not Lost

Thought I would take a moment to write...

I felt my baby move for the first time on Saturday! I'm 16 weeks along.. it was a great feeling. Subtle, gentle, and calming. I had to prepare a talk in my new ward, it was on Joseph Smith. I thought, how in the world can I prepare a talk this week, of all weeks??? I read a post on here about when Kristy was little and she told her elementary teacher (I'm sure very strongly and loudly) that Joseph Smith didn't write the Book of Mormon, he TRANSLATED it.

In preparing my talk, I felt touched by the spirit of God. Subtle, gentle, and calming. THIS is exactly why I should prepare this talk on Joseph Smith. The great Prophet and my great friend had quite a few things in common! They both were unafraid to share what they felt about the gospel and COMPLETELY unafraid to shine as one of the universe's most important people.

I listened to some music yesterday and closed my eyes and thought about her and for a split second, I felt her around me. Subtle, gentle, and calming. I felt the peace that the gospel brings. I felt the peace that Kristy feels now. I felt the peace that comes from truly loving the people around you and missing that girl who left us all too soon. She is ok. I'm ok.

I woke up this morning and an inspired reader had requested this song, "Lost" by Michael Buble. It talks about not being alone and not feeling lost. And I hoped so much that Kristy didn't have to die all alone. I'm so glad I know she didn't. Her mother, and legions of Angels were there to hold her hand. To hold her spirit. To meet her gaze. Listening to this song with tears streaming down my face, it felt good to remember her. I could see her doing a little jazzy sway to the music... I wish we could have gone up to her "spa" in Heber that she ALWAYS invited me to. ("Two for one, Sarah, they have two for one!!!!!")

And I only knew her for 9 months.

Love you girl,
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Perfect!