Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'll miss you, my friend.

I have been putting off posting, because how do I say goodbye to my best friend? How do I come up with the words?

I have known you my entire life. You were my first friend, my "partner in crime". My fellow snacker of lipstick and toothpaste. Kristy, do you know to this day I can't wear lipstick because the taste and smell of it make me sick? I have so many memories of you, that I couldn't even begin to list them all. As true sisters, we didn't always get along, but you always forgave my hormones and forgave me for being a teenaged snot. We made countless silly videos, you, me and J. You stood by my side and sang with me on many occasions, most importantly, the day we buried my nephew. I was lucky enough to witness the first time you cleaned a turkey. That is a day that I think will brighten even the dreariest day for me. And I bet if I mentioned it to your mom, she'd even laugh.

If you were looking over my shoulder right now, I would just have to say the word "spit tape" and you would do that awesome silent laugh, and point. You know what I mean. You were the one that came for me when my house burned to the ground. You came to my rescue when *gasp* my choir teacher wanted me to sing a solo. I remember your mom chasing us in the basement to "Peer gynt" (I hope I spelled that right). I remember driving our brothers crazy, singing New Kids on the Block at the top of our lungs. I remember you meeting each one of my children. I remember meeting your beautiful boys for the first time.

I'm also sure you are the one that brought me peace this week, when I lay devastated on my bed, wondering why you had to be taken from this world. I know you're at peace. I'll get there, too.

Please give "Papa Bob" the biggest hug from me. I have no doubt in my mind that he was there to greet you when you came home. You were another daughter to him, and he would not miss the chance to welcome you home. Tell him that I love him and I miss him.

I love you, and I will miss you always!

Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say a few things on here about kristy.. i knew her as a missionary in pensacola florida.. she was an awsome missioanry and a great friend to me when i was on my mission i only new her for six weeks, but she always had a smile on her face and could make any one laugh when they were felling a little down.. i know she will be missed by alot of loved ones family and friends.my love and prayers go out to her and her family and loved ones..