Thursday, January 10, 2008

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit with Kristy's mom this week, and even though we were there to comfort her, I came away feeling so comforted by her. What an amazing lady. I can see where Kristy gets her strength from. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

I think we have all spent this week wondering why this had to happen, and there are no answers. But if there is any good that can come from such a horrendous experience, it is that each of us are pondering our own lives and what we can do better. How can I be a better mom, sister, friend, visiting teacher and neighbor. We have a great example to look to in the life Kristy led.

I am so grateful for the wonderful wards and neighborhood we live in. I am so glad that even though we are now the 34th and 36th Wards, we have all come together as neighbors and friends to comfort and grieve together. I'm so grateful for our Priesthood leaders and the guidance, counsel, and inspiration they have shown us this week. Thanks to each of you for the example you are to me. Thank you to Kristy and Dave's families for the example of Christlike love they are showing all of us in a time of profound loss. I'm so grateful to have known Kristy

No comments: