Saturday, January 26, 2008

I was really missing Kristy today. I was picturing her essence, her dark hair, white skin, the way she smiled, the way Carter toddled around right at her knee, the way her patient voice said, "Brandon", over and over.
I just sit here, 20 days later, not quite able to believe this really happened. How she could be taken off this earth so quickly, so shockingly? She's taken from our lives, this vibrant woman, in a moment. We blinked and she was gone. What a tragedy. I've tried to push it from my mind day by day. Today it came around full circle. She's really gone. No amount of time will soften it. No amount of time will help me look on this event and be able to understand. I will still be confused about how someone could use a gun and take a girl, take a mother, a friend and a daughter.
She did so much, but she could have done so much more in her life as a 30-year old, a 40-year old, a 50-year old woman. Touched thousands upon thousands more. My hope is the only thing that helps me sleep. I know that there's a life after death. And I know she's living that now. But it's still so hard some days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy can feel your love, she knows, and I am glad you can still feel her presence with you.

Even with our faith it is still so hard to say goodbye for now. The realization that she won't be back is a defining moment that will happen over again when something reminds you of her. Still those will be sweet memories someday.

I heard once that we rejoice when a baby is born and we are so filled with love for them. When someone dies and we are filled with grief it is our love going with them.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to the original comment and the anonymous comment. I can't say it any different.

Anonymous said...

I feel for the family