Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Dear Friend

Two weeks ago Kristy was taken from us. I think about her so many times everyday. I have lived across the street from Kristy for 2 years. We didn't start to really become friends until about 4 months. My husband and I had been trying to sell our house, but decided to take our house off the market. Kristy was driving by and stopped to ask if we sold our house. She was so excited that we weren't moving and said that we should get to know each other better since I was staying. I'm so happy that she reached out to me, or we probably wouldn't have become such good friends. Not long after that, Kristy was sitting in front of me during Relief Society. After the opening song she turned around and said, "You have such a great alto voice, you have to be in the ward choir." She didn't give me much of a choice, so I've been in it since. Today at our ward choir practice, Sister Nylander was commenting on how wonderful we sounded at Kristy's funeral. She said that we had some angels singing with us. I said that Kristy must have done some recruiting for us. I miss singing with her. At Kristy's viewing I told Ann about a conversation Kristy and I had about how our mothers were so wonderful. I had told Kristy that she was lucky to have a mother who would come and stay with her to help her through such a rough time. I told her my mother would do the same thing. We talked about how we had the best moms. I will miss our long talks, listening to her great mission stories and testimony in Relief Society, and her friendship. I know we will see Kristy again. I love and miss you Kristy!

Carrie B.

No comments: