Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer

Hi, my name is Tamma Miles. I’m Cynthia Perry’s sister-in-law. She just sent me this tragic news. I used to work at the National Domestic Violence Center, so my thoughts turned immediately to comments about abuse. But I realized that even the most informed remarks would do nothing to comfort the sorrowing. So I’ve turned to my love of music. I hope you won’t find this cliché, but appreciate my feeble but well intentioned attempt to 'mourn with those who mourn.'

Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
Thou wilt bind the broken heart.
Let not sorrow overwhelm us;
Dry the bitter tears that start.
Curb the winds and calm the billows;
Bid the angry tempest cease.
Precious Savior, dear Redeemer,
Grant us everlasting peace.

Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer, Hymn 103(LDS), 3rd vs.

I know that our Savior has the power to comfort all those that sorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Thank you Tamma, Love,Cynthia