Monday, January 21, 2008

I went to school with Kristy from Kindergarten through the 9th grade. She has an amazing smile and a knack for telling things like they were. I have remained in contact with one of her close friends and was so sad to hear what had happened. I joined the church almost 11 years ago, but Kristy's memorial was the first LDS memorial service I have ever attended. The spirit was strong there. I usually cry at almost anything, but I felt so much peace in that room. My eyes did fill with tears as Honor sang and Ann played the piano. I remember seeing Ann at the piano many times during our elementary school years. I was amazed by that moment. I have a calling as our Relief Society music leader. It is a calling that I was in no way suited for, but have learned to love. As I was driving the hour to the memorial service I found a quiet moment and felt prompted to sing "Love One Another." When I looked at the program and read Ann's message I didn't have to think another moment about what our music appreciation song would be and why. Today as I stood up to share that moment, I talked about Kristy and the legacy of service and love she left behind. I read Ann's message to my fellow sisters and urged them to follow it. As we sang "Love One Another" the spirit was very strong in the room and many sisters had tears in their eyes. The messages of love, hope, forgiveness and charity are a sweet legacy that Kristy has left with us. When we live those principals we follow and honor our Savior. I am glad to say I knew Kristy. Our family continues to pray for those she loved and those who loved her.
Brianna (Mosebach) Keith

No comments: