Monday, January 7, 2008

Agency


Suffering from a tragic loss of my own in April 2007, I really only have received comfort of the knowledge of the gospel in which we are so blessed to have. I know these thoughts are not original, but they may be comforting:

When I first heard the news of this tragic occasion, I first thought, "How could Heavenly Father let this happen." I was quick to remember that Heavenly Father sent His only son to this earth to die for us and His plan. The plan of salvation, that promises us all our agency. And Dave excercised that God given right. Who knew such a wonderful gift could be used so poorly. This wasn't part of Heavenly Father's plan for Kristy. It was more like Dave's plan. BUT all in all, Kristy, like you all said, is an AMAZING person and she is in such an amazing place! When we go to the temple, we get but a very small glimpse of what it is like where she is. There is so much love and though she will not be in her son's lives physically, there is no doubt, she will be there spiritually. I know that from my own experience. The tender mercies of the Lord will allow those she left, feel of her perfect spirit at very special times. She was an angel on this side and an angel on the other. I didn't know Kirsty too well. Only a few months, but there is that instant draw to her with her bubbly personality and strong spirit. It's hard to not notice her. Our family not only prays for hers and her children, but Dave's family as well, they lost the mother of their grandchildren and the soul of their son.

No comments: