Friday, February 1, 2008

In Loving Memory

I am so grateful to have found this blog to be able to express my deepest sympathy not only to the Palizzi family but to others whom Kristy touched, through friendship or example, or the countless other ways that she has effected so many of us.
I grew up in the same ward with Kristy and we were in young women's together. We were blessed with Sister Jacobson as our Y.W. president and her fine example of what true fine LDS women are to become. Kristy stepped up to that example and magnified it beyond comprehension. I will forever love Kristy and the memories of driving back and forth to Utah for Spring Break, the fun we had, the music we would sing at the top of our lungs, the games we played, the laughing and the deep conversations that we would somehow ALWAYS get into. We had many opportunity's to share with one another our love for the gospel and love for all of our Heavenly Father's creations. She always had a way of making me want to be a better person. I am a good person don't get me wrong but, with Kristy the bar was always just a bit higher. I am grateful for the times we were able to spend together as our mothers would go over stuff that pertained to their callings and serving together, or because they were friends and spent time together so Kristy and I got to spend time together too. I think I felt connected to Kristy partly because that is just Kristy, but also because we both are the only girls in families of boys. I always loved to hear her laugh and her dark eye's full of hope, full of love, full of passion for life. I am still having a difficult time dealing with the tragic way of her leaving us, yet take comfort in KNOWING I mean really KNOWING that she has returned home to our Heavenly Father and our Savior with Honor and walks with the best of the best. On January 6Th one of the Lord's angels fell, back into his arms, and is now back to work doing his work..there really must be some really important things to be done for her to have gone so suddenly. Thank you Kristy for all the memories, for all the fun, for all the laughs and tears and for inspiring me to be a better person. Most importantly Thank you for NEVER judging me but for looking deeper than the surface and "really getting me" even though younger and wiser than me and a lot of the other girls in Y.W. You "got me" better than anyone I can think of in our little ward, and I have always loved you for that. You are my friend forever and I will do my part to continue your legacy...till we meet again!
Your big sister (as you so lovingly dubbed me)
Sister Sherry Brunette (Adams)

No comments: