Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dear Kristy-

I'm sorry I haven't written sooner. It still hurts - and I miss you.

I guess you know by now how loved and admired you were and still are. I think what I will miss the most is your beautiful sparkle and brave determination to do everything in your power to give your boys the best they deserved. You must have had the weight of the world on your shoulders, but you were so concerned about others more. You always strove for the best but were kind and thoughtful to everyone you met. Sometimes I saw the pain you silently bore - and my heart ached. I still wish I could have helped you more. But in those last days, I take great comfort in knowing that you felt peace, that you knew you were being watched over and protected. I hope you know how many friends were thinking of you and praying for you.

I am so glad you have your mother - what a strength and support she has been to so many. She is my new hero. That she could be with you those last days, and that you are with her now as she cares for your dear, sweet boys - I know now that there is always hope that can come out of a tragedy. The Lord does pour out his tender mercies on those who need it most. I know your parents will do everything they can (and then some) to give Brandon & Carter the love and protection that you desire for them. They did such a good job with you. In Ann's eyes, I can see where you got a lot of your inner strength and beauty. You were taught righteous principles and lived them despite so much adversity. I admire you more than you know for that. You never gave up - you always pressed forward - trying to help as many others as you could your short time here.

I hope your sweet boys always know how important they were to you - and how brave and true and strong you were in your testimony of the Gospel. I hope they know that you did everything in your power to the live the kind of life so that you could be together forever. Maybe for this short space on earth, you are temporarily separated - but you will see them again. You will be able to kiss, hold, love, and sing to your beautiful boys again. I hope I can be there for that wonderful reunion. Can I be invited on that day? How about if I promise to go to choir practice more? (Is it too late to apologize for slacking and not going as much as I should?) BTW - Thanks for letting me come over and be taught the alto part at your piano when I couldn't come to practice. You were always so good like that. You had such gifts and were so willing to share them...

I strangely also miss your no-nonsense blunt honesty - those comments that are supposed to be compliments but kind of feel like an insult instead. I know you worried about offending people - but I secretly enjoyed it. 'Cause everyone knew where they stood with you. You were sincere and full of integrity and always meant the best. We all knew it. Most importantly, you never shied from bearing your testimony or lifting another. From day one until the very end. That's one thing I will definitely take from you - is to not hold back. To not hesitate to act or say the beautiful or truthful thing that needs to be said. To be led the Spirit and live life to the fullest.

I'm glad we were friends. 'Til we meet again, dear Kristy...

Love, S.

No comments: