Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Short Message

Last night after the boys went to bed, I sat down and looked through Kristy's mission pictures. It impressed me that she had so many pictures of families she worked with and baptized. There was a look on her face of pure love and joy as she had her arms around the parents and especially the children of these families. I know she loved those families so deeply. And then there were her silly pictures, smiling, doing funny things, arriving at the Elder's apartment (with a grin on her face). Kristy always appeared to be playing, but in reality, she was always getting a lot of work done. Looking at the pictures, you would think she was playing her whole mission because the look on her face was full of pure fun! But when she was pictured with the famlies she shared the gospel with, her face was full of true genuine love. It helped to stabilize me, and brought joy to my heart. She loved people SO MUCH.

Love,
Ann

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Besides a job as your guardian angel (and maybe getting some one on two time with Pres. & Sister Hinckley) I am sure Kristy continues her mission blessing countless spirits with her love, energy and testimony. Peace and love continue with you, Ann, Brandon & Carter (Dad and Brothers, too!) Much love, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Ann,

Thanks for sharing that. I would love to see the picture of Kristy showing up at the Elder's place. Sounds too funny.

Shauna said...

Ann,
Thanks for sharing this with us. I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the funeral, but I want you to know that I, like so many others, had (& still have) such a great love for your daughter. She taught me so many things & she left such an impression on my life. I think of her, her sweet boys, & you & your husband often. My prayers are with you all & I just hope that you will continue to be filled with peace, comfort, & strength. Kristy's old neighbor,
Shauna W.