Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Special Thank You

Hello everyone,
I wanted to send a special thank you to everyone who made the memorial service in Washington such a special and uplifting experience. It was wonderful. From the choir, to the speakers, to the fantastic job the relief society did putting on the luncheon afterwards, it was very appreciated.
I also wanted to share with you all the lyrics of a song that helped me when my dad died. I would send an MP3 for everyone to listen to, but I only have a cassette. I know that Kristy was a big Kenneth Cope fan and this is one of my favorites by him. It is from the Voices album. The song is titled: "I'm Alright."

I'm Alright
Death comes and quiets life
It was hard to accept for the longest time
And it still can make you cry
Love brings a sad goodbye
And it’s harder on those who get left behind
But if you could see through clearer eyes
You’d find I’m alright I’m right where I ought to be
But this is so hard for me
Knowing it’s hard on you
Dry your eyes
We’re right where we ought to be
Be still and you will know
It’s alright
Please try to understand
My coming here was in His plans
But you can seal what we began
Give him your hand
Soon we will be together
Though the waiting seems like forever
Without you We’re alright
Right where we ought to be
Be still and you will know
It’s alright

Even though we all miss Kristy, perhaps this song will help make things a little easier.
Ean Paget

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I have LOVED this song for many years and have found comfort in its words many times. Thanks for posting!