Friday, January 2, 2009

It's strange how someone you have never met can have such a strong impact on your life!

I do not know Kristy or at least I never had the chance to meet her in this life. I feel however that she has made such a difference in my life the past year. As a new mother and part of a family with a history of suicide I have experienced some depression in the past year. I assume it's mostly normal, the typical baby blues. It's always difficult for me to smile once the holidays are over. I recall last year being in my blue state when I heard about Kristy. My heart ached for her family, her children, parents and in-laws too. I can't say I know how they felt but I think I can empathize with their pain after losing both my brother and father in very tragic deaths.

I logged onto this blog out of curiosity. I was blown away by the impact that one person has made in this world. She was loved by so many people. Her smile radiated and I assume would light up any room she entered. I have enjoyed reading the many stories about her and seeing all the pictures. It has made me often wonder what my blog would say. Will I leave this world with such a big footprint stamped in people's hearts? Will they remember me for my kindness, my talents, the type of friend I have tried to be?

Kristy, although you are gone from this world I know that you aren't too far away. Thank you for reminding me of what is important. Thank you for pushing me to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. Thank you for teaching me how important my example can be to others, even strangers. I hope one day to meet you face to face and thank you for the impact you have left on me. May you look down from above as an angel to watch over your Mother as she raises your children and continues to teach them of your love. May you continue to touch my life and others in death as you did in life. RIP

All my love,
Shar

1 comment:

CasaJenkins said...

Shar you had said well, I too don't know Kristy but she has taught me so many things. I have learned to hold my kids a little longer to take the time to tell them how much I love them. I hope Kristy will continue to be a light to others