Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We Had Fun...

I haven't talked to Kristy or seen her in 8 years. I worked with her at a company in Seattle. I always figured that Kristy and I would cross paths again one day. We had so much fun together. She made work fun. We would continuously laugh and laugh at stupid stuff. All day. That included, poking fun at people.

One of my favorite things about Kristy was while she was a bit nosey, she for the most part didn't pass judgement. At least not on me. Her favorite thing to do was to get me to cuss, and we all know that is not hard to do. She would giggle if I cursed or used profanity, which made me laugh. We were cubicle to cubicle for awhile so we shared many things. She enjoyed making fun of my new husband, of course I joined her. We used to bring our Christmas music to work and listen to it in October, annoying the crap out everyone. People would walk by and say "what! already!". We were delighted at there reaction.

Once Kristy thought she was choking on a piece of gum. (It was the real sugary kind, and you know sometimes how it can go down the wrong way and make you feel like you can't breathe, but you really can, you just have to wait until the sugar clears). Well she turned to me with a look of sheer panic on her face. In turn, panicking me. I grabbed her by the shoulders and yelled in her face, "why are you choking!!!???". I pushed her to the next person because I had no clue what to do. Well after the sugar cleared out of her throat and all the panic was over, (when she pryed herself away from the guy trying to give her the heimlic maneuver), she looked at me and laughed. "You are serious. You seriously just asked me why I was choking?" I was so embarrassed but more relieved that she was ok. Oh but don't worry in the middle of conversations she would stop and say to me right in my face, "why are you choking." It always made us giggle.

Kristy sat by my side thru my first pregnancy. I think it was her who went and bought me a dolly that resembled the size that my son was in utero at the time. I loved her. I remember when she decided to go on a mission. I was hoping that..... I don't know what I was hoping for but she called my house to tell me that she was assigned to Tallahassee. I BURST into tears. Because I knew then that we were going to go our separate ways. I was newly married and having a baby and she was doing something very important to her, growing up and serving God. Somewhere deep inside me I thought we would most definetly get back together again, with our babies and everything. Today I found out that is not the case. Kristy, I hope to get to meet Brandon and Carter again one day. And I am so sorry. It seems like they are in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa. You are a beautiful mother. Till we meet again?

Your Friend,
Erika

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. It made me laugh really hard and I needed that. I come here when I miss Kristy, not really expecting it to make me feel sad again, but I always end up crying. She was so unique and I miss her. I can totally see her doing and saying what you wrote here, and it is comforting.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your fun stories. She was a fun person. This is a trait that I hope her boys can carry on.