Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I only knew Kristy for a brief time, but wanted to share what I did know. I had just opened my business Dippidee in American Fork, UT. One of my first customer’s was Kristy. I remember she had just had a baby and she commented that she was trying to lose her baby weight. At first she would just look around, but that didn’t last too long before she began trying our products. She was so nice about this business that meant so much to me. She told me how Dippidee reminded her of home. She soon began buying treats to give to her friends and neighbors. She would always tell me how she wanted me to be successful and she was getting the word out that we were here.

I remember when we began doing boxed lunches she was one of the first people to buy one. She called me after she had gone home and eaten her sandwich, she let me know what was good and not so good… she just wanted me to be successful. I loved her enthusiasm and truthfulness. I wish there had been more time to get to know Kristy better. But I am so grateful that I was blessed to know her at all. I appreciate her kindness towards me and my new business. I am grateful that she wanted to help me be successful in my venture.

To Kristy’s family, I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine the hurt and pain associated with losing a child. My brother passed away a few years ago and I will never forget the image of my father crying as he protested that a parent should never have to bury their child. I pray for you to have peace.

To Kristy’s mom, as I think of ways I can help I go to Kristy’s boys. I am not sure when their birthdays are, but I would love to be able to give them a birthday cake. Please call me when the time comes so that I can give this small offering. And I would love for you to come by anytime for one of our cupcakes Kristy loved so much.

Sincerely,

Marcee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcee,

I was actually in just the other day. Ordered some bunny cookies and some heavenly something or other, that was TRULY delicious. Hope to see you again soon, or at least the shop...

carrie said...

Marce....I, too, am a big fan of your store. :o) Your cupcakes are WONDERFUL, and you made a birthday cake for my baby daugher that was BEAUTIFUL. I love going in there because it makes me happy, too. It reminds me of Kristy...and I'm so glad you posted this for everyone to read. When I was shopping in there one day, and you told me this...it made me laugh. Thank you for making so many YUMMY treats!! :o)

Di and Justin said...

Marcee,
I will never forget when Kristy bought me a cookie from your store...it made my day and when ever I see your store it reminds me of her...you have the best treats around...