Sunday, July 13, 2008

From Ann

Hello Everyone!

I keep saying that I am going to write-well; you can see how often I really do! So sorry. I do have some great news, finally. I get to go home to Washington and take the boys with me. We will be gone for one month. I will leave on July 11th and return to Utah on August 11th. To all you Washingtonians- stop by and give me a hug or stop by and watch the boys while I take a nap!

The boys are progressing and doing so much better. They are great little guys- lots of energy, gaining weight- sleeping well. They are doing much better than I expected. Of course I am 100% full time grandma. They really don't have to share me with work or other commitments. It is hot and dry here in Utah. Hope to find cooler weather in Washington.

Yesterday I had the neatest experience. In the morning I received a phone call saying that there would be a bus load of teenagers coming to the home in the afternoon to do service for me. When afternoon came around, here came an old school bus painted blue and white full of energetic clean cut youth. They swept out the garage and pulled weeds. The morning glory was so thick it looked like ground cover. It was 98 degrees but I did not hear one complaint or swear word for that matter. These kids were from a small town in Northeast Iowa. They had come to Salt Lake for a youth conference. Part of the week long activities to provide service. I believe there were 5,500 youth. Of course I got the very best, cream of the crop. These kids were awesome. I had 14 youth, 3 leaders and the bus driver. Thanks to you all, you are awesome. Keep up the good works.

Thanks to Jordan Meadows ward for doing the service project in May for Mother's Day. Thanks to all for goodies, flowers, service rendered and most of all love and concern. Man, Kristy really knew how to pick great friends!

Thanks to you young mothers who donated to the "get Ann into the 21st century with a digital camera" project. So thoughtful and insightful. Thanks. Now get over here and teach me how to use it. Ha ha.

Thanks to all of you for helping with the kid swap every Wed. and every other weekend. You are great. Thanks to all who provided babysitting for Brandon and Carter as I attend therapy and legal stuff. The kids love you and so do I.

I am in a very interesting situation. When I have a real need someone shows up to provide the talent or service needed. I know for a surety that God is orchestrating all this for me. I know that it is a direct result of so many people fasting and praying on our behalf. On the very worst painful days a card or letter or quilt or CD or money donation arrives in the mail to remind me of greatness of the human soul and that there are so many really righteous good people out there that are listening to the spirit. It just has to be because the timing is so perfect.

Samantha did a beautiful job designing the headstone. It is in place so if you are in Lehi stop by and see it. It doesn't have a picture on it yet but we are working on it.

Love to all and thanks a whole bunch.

Love,
Ann and
The "little boys"
Brandon & Carter

3 comments:

Kristy's Family and Friends: said...

Ann, I loved reading this and hearing from you. Sorry to you and everyone else that I'm late on posting this! It's been a busy month. Love to you and enjoy your time in Washington.
Love,
Sarah Smylie

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

You do not know me and i did not know Kristy- And i want to offer my condolences to Brandon, Carter, you and your whole family. I hope and pray Kristy get's the justice she deserves. when i heard of your tragedy and the tragedy that took carter's and brandon's mother from this life. My heart broke and it still does especially when i see and hear of and about domestic violence. Life is so precious! let me know if there is anything i can do for you.
Love, a friend and sister in the gospel!
Heidi Gail Richhart

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

This is such a wonderful blog and way to honor and tribute kristy!