Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kristy's Tombstone




I went to Utah this past weekend for a funeral of another cousin...of mine and Kristy's, Jason Callahan. My sisters, mom and I took the opportunity to view Kristy's gravestone. It is beautiful, I did get some photos, so will attempt to add them here. Ann and the boys were also with us. It was so peaceful there. The tombstone is beautiful. There is a place for a photo, which will be added soon. We had to force ourselves to leave, because of other responsibilities.
I have been very grateful for the opportunity lately to spend time with her boys, and see Kristy in them. They are beautiful. I know she is proud of them and her mom and dad for taking such good care of them. I know Ann appreciates every prayer made in their behalf. She has been blessed with the energy and health to care for these boys. I know she is blessed for her willingness to step out of retirement and move back into motherhood of these two young boys. But, she also knows it is doable because of the prayers and love and support.
Thank you all.
Love, Verlee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard not to be angry. So hard. I wish I could go there to feel the peace of that place, her final resting place. I know her spirit lives on, I know she's at peace and calm. But I am still so angry. She was taken too early, much too early.

Honor said...

That is so great. Thanks for posting those. Hopefully I'll get to see it soon (maybe next year?) but I'm glad to see it here. I know Kristy would be happy with that.

amy said...

Love the pictures Verlee and Lori.... it looks happy... if that makes any sense.

familybrew7 said...

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and sharing with us that there is a sweet spirit that was obviously present during your visit. I personally love Ann and think of her daily, and say a prayer on her behalf. It comforts me to know Ann that you are being blessed with health and vitality. May you and your family continue to be blessed. Thanks again so much for the beautiful pictures.

Emily A. said...

Thank you for posting the pictures. They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. I love the rose on top with the 2 buds - Kristy, Brandon and Carter . . . so beautiful.

Melissa said...

Wow, it's so perfect for her! So peaceful and is all I see is a photo. She really has a strong spirit.