Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'll Hold You Again

I am posting this on behalf of Ann who wanted this touching and insightful song shared with everyone. It gives comfort, and it bears testimony.

It was President’s Day and Ann felt like she hadn’t had adequate time to just sit and to just cry and to just “be” - between running here and there for everyone and everything that was going on since January 6th. She had some time to herself on this day, and decided to go through Kristy’s music. She does this a lot when she needs that extra closeness with the Spirit and her daughter. Sleeping at night was nigh unto impossible at times and that is another reason why this song is such a gift. I think I speak for everyone in saying “Thank you, Ann, for sharing this with us. It helps - and we love you, and miss her, too.”

This song was written by Kristy shortly after her mission
.

I’ll Hold You Again

I need somebody to hear me and feel
My pain so deep and so real.
I cannot carry this weight on my own.
How can you really be gone.
Why can’t I wait for this night to pass?
Please, close my eyes, help me sleep.
Lord, hold me near,
Please, wipe away my tears.
Why am I hurting so deep?

I want to hold and feel you again.
Instead I smile through my pain.
I lay in bed and I see your face.
I’m praying for the Lord’s grace
Lord, hear my cry, I can’t go on.
Please, let me feel your hand.
Please, give me strength through
Your arms so strong.
Give me the courage to stand.

Then He speaks to my heart and
I hear His voice so soft and clear
“Mocked and stripped, on the cross
I bled your tears I’ve already shed.
Alone in the garden I drank the cup
I knelt in prayer for your pain.
On the cross I was lifted up.
So you could return, I was slain.”

His love encircles my heart and soul.
His spirit makes my life whole.
His life is my source of comfort and peace.
His arms bring sweet release from pain
And I know I’ll hold you again.
I’ll wait, then hold you again.

By Kristy Palizzi Ragsdale

7 comments:

Erin said...

So beautiful, as she was and is. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Ann, your family is in my daily thoughts and prayers. I too miss Kristy and in the meantime am giving the love I had for her to you and the boys.

Honor said...

Kristy is the best ... leave it to her to know what would be needed before it was needed.

Anonymous said...

I love that song. I actually came across the music for that recently, Ann. I remember she was on her mission when Josie died, and Honor, Renae and I sang that at the funeral. And Honor said it well. "Leave it to her to know what would be needed before it was needed." I think about Kristy every day. I miss her so much. Love you Ann!

Becky

Wendy said...

Wow,

she wrote the words to that song??? What an amazing talent!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

This talent of Kristy's was one I didn't know she had. I KNEW she could she, but I didn't know she wrote as well. Very beautiful. I wish I could hear someone singing it with the music.

Anonymous said...

How very beautiful and touching those words are. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I think of Kristy, Ann and the boys very often. Know that you are in so many prayers. Thank you, Kim