Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just a Memory

Today I was sitting in my living room thinking and pondering about life in general. I was thinking about family and friends of my past and some of my favorite memories. When out of the blue I just started thinking about Kristy. She is a year and twelve days older then me, and if I recall we saw each other at least once every summer of our lives. I remember a summer I was 16 years old and at the time my family was living in Idaho and of course I was being rebellious so I went to live with my aunt Judy in Ruston, Washington. I had only been there a few weeks when Kristy called me on the phone and said, 'Hey Kristen, want to come hang out with me for the day and maybe spend the night?' So I said, 'Sure, let's go'. A few hours later she came and picked me up and we went back to her house and thought of all the fun stuff we could do in one day. We made a few phone calls and got some times for movies but then decided it would be a lot more fun to take a ferry to Seattle. So she called up a few of her friends and we went to pick them up. We had a few hours before our ferry ride so we went back to the house and wouldn't you know it, Kristy said lets get dressed up and do our hair and make up. Well I didn't bring a whole lot with me so Kristy hooked me up with everything I needed. Then they put my hair in curlers and plastered my face with all this makeup. I think that day was the most makeup I ever had on my face, and I mean ever!! They took the curlers out of my hair and styled it and Kristy looked me straight in the eye and said you look like a super model. So I got up and looked and was shocked needless to say.

It was time to leave and we all piled in the car and headed to Bremerton where we caught our night ferry to Seattle. It was so pretty to see Seattle lit up when you came around the island. After the ride we drove around for a little bit singing at the top of our lungs all the primary songs we could remember. Like I Am a Child of God and Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree. That was a lot of fun. Then we went to Bellevue to see the temple. And it just so happens that there was a Young Adult dance going on at the church right next door so of course we couldn't wait to go to that to dance and flirt with all the cute boys. We had a lot of fun with that, too. After the dance we went and got something to eat and then went to a store and got a bunch of munchies and then when back to her house and watched movies and pigged out till we all fell asleep.

I really think that was one of my favorite childhood memories with her and her friends. Its really to bad we can't have fun days like that anymore but I know in my heart that when I have a fun day with something she would have loved to do then she will be there putting in her two cents and having fun too.

I love you Kristy and I'll see you again someday ... I don't know why but I really felt the push to share this memory. I don't know, maybe one of her friends who was there with us will read this and remember it and it will put a smile on their face, too.

Love Always,

Kristen :)

No comments: