Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kristy, let's just talk for a minute about how only a few days after your NECK SURGERY you came to Enrichment night. Your mom drove you and reminded you that you probably shouldn't be going out quite yet, but you were insatiably social!! I walked up to you and you were in line getting a little bit of food, and you could barely turn your head! Your eyes were all glazed over. I told you a couple of things about the upcoming week, and told you what day were we going to come to your house to see you. It was good to see you there, but something was just not quite right. Maybe she hasn't had enough rest?, I thought..

The next day I called you, to see how you were doing. After all, you did have a big slice in your neck that didn't look too fun. After a few minutes, I realized that you did not recall anything about the previous night at Enrichment! Our whole conversation just went right in one of our ears and out the other. Then you laughed and boldly explained to me that you were "hyped up on drugs" (painkillers from surgery), and couldn't remember much! We both had a good laugh (a good mormon girl laugh) and I told you I was glad to finally know what Kristy Ragsdale was like on drugs!

I miss you little girl.

No comments: