Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So Amazing!

I do not know Kristy, except through this beautiful tribute. I was very, emotionally, affected by the story of her death. My son-in-law worked with David and we had shared some of his thoughts about David, especially after he took Kristy's life. I don't even know how I came to know about this blog, but I am so grateful for the words that have been expressed. She was really something, wasn't she?! I just want you to know that because of the things I have read about her, I feel that I am a better person. These little blogspots have so much to offer. I am a hospice nurse in Utah County and I have the distinct privilege of being able to care for some of those people who are preparing to leave us. Reading these things on Kristy's blog have touched me and I have shared them with many of the people whose lives I am in touch with. I have shared many things with those family members who are being left behind. Regret is difficult and because of many of the things that have been written here and that I have been able to share, I feel that some of my patients have known more love and appreciation prior to their departure.

I wish I had known Kristy. I wish I knew those who know her. But our paths haven't crossed except here and I am grateful to you, Sarah, for the friend you have been to Kristy and to all of those who have been able to share thoughts, feelings and love. I will miss reading new tributes. But I thank you, again, for this gift. God bless you, Ann, in your caring and nurturing of these precious little boys. God bless each of Kristy's "best" friends. I can only imagine the loss you must feel every day. Thank heaven, although the "missing her" never goes away, it just gets a little easier to bear.

With love and admiration,
An admirer in Cedar Hills

No comments: