Monday, May 12, 2008

Service Project


Saturday, May 10th, some friends and neighbors gathered together to give service and support to Kristy's mother and boys. Members of Kristy's previous ward, Jordan Meadows, organized a massive service project and the turnout was fantastic! There was landscaping done, mulch was delivered and distributed, the inside of the house was cleaned from top to bottom, and much more. A big THANK YOU to all of those who were willing to give their time. Kristy's family appreciates the weekend of help and feeling the love of everyone that loves Kristy so much!
I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. Keep Kristy and her boys in your prayers.
Love,
Sarah

3 comments:

Kelli said...

so sweet! This is a big week for Ann, so I am sure a clean house and wonderful yard to look at will help her be at peace.

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to help with this project, but reality really set in for me that day. When I was on my own, I couldn't help but cry. Actually, I wanted to scream, KRISTY SHOULD BE HERE!!

I'm not one with muscial talents, but since her death, when I'm upset music pops in my head. I know music was near and dear to her heart, so I like to think it's her way of comforting me. The song I hear the most is one from her funeral, Be Still my Soul. It seems to calm me down. My heart still aches for her and her family. I think of her all the time and miss my friend! Chris

carrie said...

I was so glad Ann let us all do something. It was so healing for us, too. Like Chris, I felt very emotional at times....being sad that we were all there at her home and she couldn't be there. She would have loved having everyone around. I'm sure she did though, still. Everyone loved her home....and we all love being around Ann. Her boys are adorable and so friendly. Our neighborhood misses her and thinks of her often....and we wish there was MORE we could do. I'm glad we could do the service project on Mother's Day weekend. I think it meant so much to Ann....and my heart ached for her little boys to not have their Mom on Mother's Day. Thank goodness for Ann and her generous heart. We all miss our friend...and our prayers are with her family now.